WHAT ROUTE SHOULD I TAKE?
I want to plan my route so that I am in each country at the right time to:
- Avoid rainy, monsoon, typhoon, and hurricane seasons
- Avoid Peak Seasons in the more expensive countries
- Get as much sunny weather as possible
- Minimise travel distances (and costs)
In this way, I hope to get the best out of each country that I can.
WHAT ABOUT THE WEATHER?
There are many websites that provide good detail about the climates in each country and the regions / cities within each country.
I used ClimaTemps.com to get the detailed information that I needed and copied that information into a spreadsheet.
I know it sounds a bit ‘anal’ but I am visiting so many countries over the next 6 years that it made sense (to me) to get it right.
So, I also checked with a few travel sites to find out what the best time to go was; the best time is not always the middle of summer – things like Peak Season and humidity also need to be taken into account.
SO WHAT ROUTE WILL I TAKE?
It is now August 2016. My last month in The Philippines was spent in the rain. My first month in Mexico was spent in the rain. I’ve had enough of rain. The Central American countries are so close together that they share the same summer and rainy seasons. It was not possible to do them together and avoid rain. I had to re-plan.
Here is a summary of each year from October 2015 forwards:
- Vietnam: October 2015 – January 2016
- Philippines: January 2016 – June 2016
- Mexico (Central & Yucatan): July 2016 – November 2016
- Belize: November 2016 – December 2016
- Guatemala: January 2017 – May 2017
- Mexico (South): March 2017 – May 2017
- Honduras: June 2017 – August 2017
- El Salvador: September 2017 – October 2017
- Nicaragua: November 2017 – February 2018
- Costa Rica: March 2018
- Panama: March 2018 – May 2018
- Colombia: May 2018 – July 2018
- Ecuador: July 2018 – September 2018
- Peru: September 2018 – December 2018
- Bolivia: January 2019 – February 2019
- Eastern Europe: March 2019 – October 2019
- India & Sri Lanka: November 2019 – April 2020
I HAVE MY ROUTE … NOW I NEED TO GET READY …